Initial Assessment Questions
To assist in expediting food safety expert service orders, please be prepared to answer these questions on the first conference call with the expert.
List of Assessment Questions:
Please note that all questions might not be applicable to your operation. Please answer as best as possible.
- Q: Is your product ready-to-eat?
- Q: Do you have a pre-existing HACCP or food safety plan? If Yes, please upload the document.
- Q: Are you SQF or BRC certified? If Yes, please upload the certificate.
- Q: Do you have a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual on staff? If Yes, please upload the certificate.
- Q: Do you already have SOPs in place? If Yes, please upload the SOPs for food safety.
- Q: Do you already have food safety log, raw material specifications, records and bench sheets in place? If Yes, please upload a blank form.
- Q: Do you have a validation study for CCPs or process preventive controls?
- Q: Do you do dry cleaning or wet cleaning of processing equipment?
- Q: Are you currently using digital records your documents?
- Q: When was the last time you performed a Food Safety Plan review? 6 Month/1 year/ 3 years/ Greater than 3 years/Never?
- Q: Are you currently using or plan to use a certified facility? Please upload certifications ---> Geared towards the smaller ops.
- Q: Do you have a supplier verification process in place?
- Q: Do have any waivers from having to comply with FSMA regulations? Yes, a very broad question :)
- Q: Do you have an allergen control plan...please upload? Possibly list them...Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Tree nuts, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish
- Q: Do you plan on exporting out of the country?
- Q: Are some of your ingredients/supplies for manufacturing from foreign suppliers?
Transportation (only for transportation companies):
- Q: For those subject to FSMA rule on Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food, please select all that represents your transportation services: Shipper, Receiver, Loaders, and Carriers
- Q: Do you also have a warehouse/distribution center?
How Do We Upload The Requested Documentation?
There will be an automated email sent from 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to request the upload of existing documentation. Please note that this can sometimes get caught in email junk / spam folders. The email message will have a link to an upload portal with a list of types of documents to upload.